Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion serves as a resource to involve student groups and parents in programming opportunities, conferences, and on-campus, local, and state-wide events. We strive to build encouraging and sustainable relationships with others in the Brunswick community, as well as independent schools in our Fairchester network, through meaningful collaboration with our student leaders, student-led organizations, and clubs.
- International Dinner: A joint BWK/GA dinner hosted by Brunswick’s Foreign Language Department and Diversity Office.
- International Cuisine and Potluck Dinner: A unique event that highlights the vibrant cultures of our school community and also serves as a great opportunity to meet new families.
- A presentation and conversation about racial inequities with lawyers who worked on the Walter McMillian case from the Equity Initiative Justice
- “No Hate, But Harmony” Anti-Bullying Program
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Assemblies, All Divisions
- A Global Brunswick, Middle and Upper School: A student-led diversity, equity, and inclusion discussion for Grade 5 to adults facilitated by the Upper School DIA Club.
- WickPride: Weekly meetings to discuss issues pertinent to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Diversity In Action Club (DIA), Middle and Upper School
- Racial & Ethnic Affinity Groups, Middle and Upper School
- Culturally United Bruins (CUBs), Pre and Lower School
- Faculty of Color Affinity Group, All Divisions
- Building Antiracist White Educators (BARWE), All Divisions
- Black Student Mentor Program, Upper School